forsaken

something that happened sometime ...

Saturday, July 15, 2006

GREAT GAIN after insane pain .....

Sunday was most awaited. No books, no homeworks ... far away from studies and all fun.
Infact you dont have to get up early even.

.... It was Sunday. Dad had plans of taking us (me and kiddie) to our Uncle's house nearby the pond at Lanjipalli, BAM. "Old is GOLD" says papa and adhers to his principle. We have an age old bicycle form a renowned company of those times - HUMBER. I have different lookout on the old is gold tag but sometimes the shining emblem negates my thoughts. Rain .. summer .. winter .. the emblem has been thru all ages still has no streaks of RUST yet. AMAZING .. moreover we dont' clean the bicycle on a daily basis.

My dad rode the bicycle with kidde in the front bar and me at the back seat.

Whatever.. Uncle, auntie, deepa(my cousin) were happy seeing us. We had a great Breakfast. It was about to 9 AM so we left. i usually think, a kinda frickle minded. Papa says "tu ta chali gala sagada re hata mari daba pila" ... Confused .. Well that is in Oriya. It means, i am such a naughty kid who could place his hands into the wheels of a running CART. haa haaa

Riding back home the traffic wasnt so dense. As usual my mind was somewhere else. Just near the pond .. there was a sound ... "AAHHH tak tak tak".
I was screaming !!
My legs were jammed within the spokes of the back wheel.
Crushed.

I didn't feel the pain at that moment but who knew I won't be able to walk for the next 2 months :). These days anytime if I need to specify a scar on my body for identification .. this wound (healed) on my right leg just above the ankle serves as a unique sign.