forsaken

something that happened sometime ...

Friday, July 14, 2006

We used to have our launch break at 10 AM SHARP. Everyday I would carrie my unique launch box, (made up of steel with 2 inbuilt partitions, one for currie and the other half for chapati I think !!) neatly and tightly packed by MOM. It was difficult to open it up and sometimes all my launch fell down :) I never told my mom about this, i knew she would scold.

This day was a bit different.

It was summer. We had the launch break. I kept roaming accross the playground, with the launch box in my hand. My friends started disappearing gradually !! Sun started hovering right on top of my head. It was getting hotter. I had no idea what happend to all those running behind me but felt the heat badly. I thought my friends were trying to fool me by hiding themselves !! and I kept on searching.

Legs gave up .. shirt was drenched with sweat .. uncomfortable pants too :) I was frustrated. I went into the class and was astonished. All of them were sitting inside. I had no idea of time. It was 12 noon. Sunita Menon Madam was surprised. She rebuked me like anything. I lost track of time.... My friends had not disappeared..

Tried hard .. but memories are too faint :(

All i remember is of a orange astronaut held by a TELUGU friend of mine .. Probably it was Sudeep. They toy resembled a real astronaut but interestingly it housed an eraser within its stomach !! That was my Upper Kinder Garten